Saturday, August 16, 2014

4 Easy Dorm Organization Steps

Let's face the facts: Dorms are small. Most girls are cramming a lot into a small space. It won't be that  difficult to fit it all in there but it can be hard keeping it all organized. Here are a few easy ways to stay organized.

1. Get a Bedside Cady - You may think they're pointless but they actually can hold a lot depending on which one you get. They're awesome to replace a bedside table if you don't have the space to have one. This one is from Amazon & you can get it here. But I got mine from Kohls for $9.99 (& it was chevron!)

2. Use your Closet - Some dorms have like no closet space which is awful and I'll try to write another post about that. But most dorms have about a 3 foot closet which is a good amount of space. Take advantage of your closet space by using it to also store jewelry and accessories. I use a variation of both of these products and I love them. The hanging jewelry organizer is perfect for my earrings, rings, and bracelets. It hangs flat which is great. The picture below's pockets don't zip but the one I have does and I've found that feature to be very helpful because nothing falls out especially when moving  (no lost jewelry). I bought mine from Marshall's but here & here are similar  A scarf hanger is also a must have. These don't hang as flat as jewelry holders do but I've found its the perfect way to store scarves. You can get it here! (Both of these are under $10!) 
These both are good to have for security reasons too, there could be a lot of people coming in and out of your room so it just limits the chances of your stuff "disappearing" if your valuables are stored away in your closet.



3. Get a Calendar - Planning out your time is essential for success in college and an easy way to help plan is getting a calendar (& using it!). I use an agenda but I think having a hanging agenda or calendar is a really cute idea! I love this DIY one, you buy the frame from Target then use scrapbooking paper to fill the frames. My roommate just made her version of this for our room so I'm excited to see if we'll use it!


4. Organize Your Desk- Having your work space be uncluttered will help you be a more productive worker and keep your desk looking nice. Office supplies are small so its nice to organize them in little boxes or with trays inside the drawer so that everything has its place and your drawer doesn't turn into a free for all. Also you're probably going to do more than study at your desk so eliminating clutter on your desk top will help your room as a whole look more clean. The drawers are a DIY from cereal boxes directions are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment